A specialist environmental consultancy client of ours, based in Brighton, are looking to bring on a Senior Flood Risk Consultant to assist with their sustained growth in recent times. They work with architects, planners, developers, local authorities and private clients on a range of land development projects from single dwelling up to large schemes.
While not directly required to line-manage anyone, this post holder will be expected to be the first port of call for junior staff members and consultants for technical issues. You will report directly into the Consultancy manager in this office, and assist with the general management and allocation of projects.
What can this role do for you?
This specialist consultancy are offering the chance for someone to take a key role in the running of the flood risk consultancy stream, furthering existing consultancy experience, and becoming more involved in the commercial side of the business. If managing a team is your ambition, then this role offers the chance to gain valuable experience in doing so, and as they experience growth, you will hopefully become a key part of this management team.
Aside from the usual fiscal rewards, this consultancy also incentivise their staff with a regular project completion commission that can supplement salary by between �500 and �1000 per month, once up and running.
The post holder will;
* Act as the lead on a range of projects, co-ordinating clients, contractors and colleagues.
* Produce flood risk assessments for planning projects
* Author and review technical reports
* Mentor and manage graduate consultants
* Demonstrable consultancy experience leading flood risk projects
* Excellent report-writing skills and
* Commercial awareness and client relationship skills
* Willingness to contribute to the development of staff
* Project management skills
While it is not necessary that the incoming candidate is a strong hydraulic modeller, they would be required to have knowledge and experience of modelling packages such as Flood Modeller/Tuflow or similar.
Exposure to surface water drainage strategies and SUDS, along with an appreciation for Ecology and Groundwater issues is desirable.